In 2002, the clear activity of Geminids came from Solar Longitude(λo) 260°. After that, the main peak was around λo=262°. Although activity levels around λo=262° was temporarily weak, this is caused by zenithal effect. The estimated peak was around λo=262°.2 as annual peak with visual observations.
Activity Level (using worldwide data)
|Time(UT)||Solar Long.||Activity Level|
|Dec.14th 12h||262°.305||3.06 ± 0.56|
Estimated Compornents of Geminid activity
|Trail-No.||Peak Time(UT)||Solar Long.||A(max)||FWHM(hr)|
- Radiant : α = 112°.0, δ = +32°.0
- Radian Elevation : 20° < h < 70°
- Using data within ± 0.75 σ in all observed data.
- Structure of meteor activity is estimated by "Lorentz profile".
- Observed data provided by RMOJ and RMOB